It starts with a human desire, and when a universe of technology, devices and data aligns, it ends in a moment of fulfillment and insight. Billions of these moments occur each second around the globe. They are moments that can define an era, launch an innovation, and forever alter for the better how we relate to our environment. DataStax is the power behind the moment. Built on the unique architecture of Apache Cassandra™, DataStax Enterprise is the always-on data platform and has been battle-tested for the world’s most innovative, global applications.
With more than 500 customers in over 50 countries, DataStax provides data management to the world’s most innovative companies, such as Netflix, Safeway, ING, Adobe, Intuit, Target and eBay. Based in Santa Clara, Calif., DataStax is backed by industry-leading investors including Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital, Premji Invest and Scale Venture Partners. For more information, visit DataStax.com/customers or follow us on @DataStax.
Financials & Investor Data
DataStax Company News
- Gaston County Commissioner becomes Lyft driver, mingles with celebrities during All-Star weekend
- Limited-Edition Selena Cups Coming Back to Stripes
- New study shows effects of Airbnb on cities
- PATS should include Airbnb and Uber and ‘complex paperwork’ needs to go, MP says
- NC State Highway Patrol troopers arrest pair connected with Lyft carjacking in Atlanta
- The Coolest Airbnbs in Mexico City’s Roma Neighborhood
- Airbnb, other short-term renters to pay new tax implemented in Nacogdoches
- The most extraordinary Airbnbs Switzerland – view
- Officials: Lyft driver takes passenger on 120 mph ride through Union County
- Future leader?
- Ride-hailing apps offer new potentials, uncertainties
- Stripes stores sell 2nd round of Selena collectible cups this weekend
- Uber and Lyft showcase rideshare for healthcare at HIMSS19
- Stripes Stores unveil 2019 Selena commemorative cups
- Gaston commissioner drives celebs during NBA All-Star weekend
DataStax History & Other Info from Wikipedia
DataStax, Inc. is a data management company based in Santa Clara, California. The company was built on[clarification needed]Apache Cassandra. As of October 2017, the company has roughly 400 customers distributed in over 50 countries.
DataStax was built on the open source NoSQL database Apache Cassandra. Cassandra was initially developed internally at Facebook to handle large data sets across multiple servers, and was released as an Apache open source project in 2008. In 2010, Jonathan Ellis and Matt Pfeil left Rackspace, where they had worked with Cassandra, to launch Riptano in Austin, Texas.Ellis and Pfeil later renamed the company DataStax, and moved its headquarters to Santa Clara, California.
The company went on to create its own proprietary version of Cassandra, a NoSQL database called DataStax Enterprise (DSE).Version 1.0, released in October 2011, was the first commercial distribution of the Cassandra database, designed to provide real-time application performance and heavy analytics on the same physical infrastructure. It grew to include advanced security controls, graph database models, operational analytics and advanced search capabilities.
In September 2014, DataStax raised $106 million in a Series E funding round, raising the total investment in the company to $190 million.
In April 2016, the company announced the release of DataStax Enterprise Graph, adding graph data model functionality to DSE.
In March 2017, DataStax announced the release of its DSE platform 5.1, which included improved search capabilities, improved security control, improvements to its Graph data management and improvements to operational analytics performance. DataStax also announced a shift in strategy, with an added focus on customer experience applications. Rather than a new set of technologies, the company started to offer advice on best practice to users of its core DSE platform.
In April 2018, DataStax released DSE 6, with the new version focused on businesses using a hybrid cloud computing model, with all the benefits of a distributed cloud database on any public cloud or on-premise, twice the responsiveness and ability to handle twice the throughput.