Palantir’s mission is to solve the most important problems for the world’s most important institutions. Its software lets its customers integrate and analyze all of their data so they can answer questions that they couldn’t before. From delivering disaster relief to building safer automobiles, the company is honored to help make its partners better at their most important work.
Palantir was founded in 2004 by a handful of PayPal alumni and Stanford computer scientists. Since then Palantir has doubled in size every year while retaining early-stage values: a startup culture, strong work ethic, and rigorous hiring standards.
Palantir works in a variety of problem areas for various customers in both private and public sector, helping them answer questions like:
* How do you prevent the next $65Bn ponzi scheme? * How do you take down human trafficking networks? * How can we help borrowers avoid foreclosure on a massive scale/stabilize housing? * How can you prevent fraud in Medicare? * Can you help governments save billions/identify ways to reduce spending? * Can you help scientists monitor the environment after the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill? * How do you defend the IP of companies from cyber espionage by bad actors? * How can you help stop the genocide in the Sudan? * How can we help target gangs to end their violence?
Stock Price & Investor Info
Funding Rounds of Palantir totaling $2 Billion[wpdatatable id=8]
Wikipedia info on Palantir
Palantir Technologies is a private American software company that specializes in big data analytics. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, it was founded by Peter Thiel, Nathan Gettings, Joe Lonsdale, Stephen Cohen, and Alex Karp. The company’s name is derived from The Lord of the Rings: a palantír is an artifact used to communicate with or see faraway parts of the world.
The company is known for two projects in particular: Palantir Gotham and Palantir Metropolis. Palantir Gotham is used by counter-terrorism analysts at offices in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC) and United States Department of Defense, fraud investigators at the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, and cyber analysts at Information Warfare Monitor, while Palantir Metropolis is used by hedge funds, banks, and financial services firms. Palantir’s original clients were federal agencies of the USIC. It has since expanded its customer base to serve state and local governments, as well as private companies in the financial and healthcare industries. Karp, Palantir’s chief executive officer, announced in 2013 that the company would not pursue an IPO, as going public would make “running a company like ours very difficult”. That being said, an Oct. 18th, 2018 report by the Wall Street Journal was considering an IPO in the first half of 2019 following a $41 billion evaluation.
The company was valued at $9 billion in early 2014, with Forbes stating that the valuation made Palantir “among Silicon Valley‘s most valuable private technology companies”. As of December 2014, Thiel was Palantir’s largest shareholder. In January 2015, the company was valued at $15 billion after an undisclosed round of funding with $50 million in November 2014. This valuation rose to $20 billion in late 2015 as the company closed an $880 million round of funding. Palantir has never reported a profit, and in 2018 Morgan Stanley valued the company at $6 billion.SIGN UP
- 'Enthusiastic Entrepreneurs': Pre-IPO Statements On Profitability Prove To Be Larger Than Real Life
- BlackBerry Emerges As Top WallStreetBets Interest; SmileDirectClub, Nike, Palantir, Canoo ...
- Two Robinhood securities in which millionaire funds invest - Market Research Telecast
- Pleasing stocks: Palantir Technologies Inc. (NYSE:PLTR Pleasing stocks - Stocks Equity
- Cathie Wood's ARK Invest Sells for 9/23 - 24/7 Wall St.
- Facebook paid FTC $4.9B more than required to shield Zuckerberg, lawsuit alleges | Ars Technica
- Palantir Technologies Inc. stock outperforms competitors on strong trading day - MarketWatch
- Palantir Stock Soars On This Continued Trend: What The Chart Says | Benzinga
- What's Going On With Palantir Stock Today? - Benzinga
- Palantir Technologies (PLTR) Pops 1%: Siginificant Change? - Own Snap
- Data Fusion Market Global Analysis 2021-2028: ESRI, Cogint, Palantir Technologies, Konux ...
- Peter Thiel, scourge of Silicon Valley - California News Times
- Peter Thiel, scourge of Silicon Valley | The Economist
- Big Data in Power Sector Market Size 2021: Microsoft, Teradata, IBM, SAP SE, Palantir ...
- Open Source Intelligence Market Development Opportunities, Industry Chain Structure - SoccerNurds
Interview with Alex Karp, CEO and Founder of Palantir at Davos with CNBC
Articles about Palantir