Stripe is a global technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of every size—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use the company’s software to accept online payments and run complex global operations. Today millions of companies across more than 100 countries use Stripe to start, run, and scale their businesses online.
Stripe combines economic infrastructure with a set of applications for new business models like crowdfunding and marketplaces, fraud prevention, analytics, and more. As the world’s fastest-advancing developer platform, Stripe navigates global regulatory uncertainty and partners closely with internet leaders like Apple, Google, Alipay, Tencent, Facebook, Twitter to launch new capabilities.
Only about three percent of GDP happens online today. Stripe wants to help more companies get started and thrive, and ultimately to grow the GDP of the internet.
Financials & Investor Information
- Global SaaS- based Invoice Software Market 2021-2028: QuickBooks, Xero, Stripe, Chargify, zuora ...
- Tony Finau and Cameron Champ chase Zurich Classic lead after stripe show
- Stripe Issuing launches in the UK: Who are the local rivals?
- Payment Gateway Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2028 | Stripe, PayPal, Amazon Payments
- Fintech Technologies Market (Covid-19 Analysis) SWOT Analysis, Key Indicators, Forecast 2028 ...
- Marines test their island-fighting skills in exercises near Okinawa
- County awards large resurfacing contract
- Online Payment Methods Market set to witness huge growth by 2026 with Top Key players like ...
- Payment Processing Market Size 2021 Future Demand, Industry Leading players: PayPal, Stripe ...
- Douugh (ASX:DOU) share price to lift on Stripe partnership?
- Flyers Get Pair of Goals from JVR in Win Over Rangers
- US military sending aircraft to assist in search for missing Indonesian submarine
- The White Stripes and The Glitch Mob Team Up on Official "Seven Nation Army" Remix and NFT
- Mansfield teacher who raised $41000 on Facebook to help people buy groceries during the ...
- Crews to stripe I-40 main lanes at I-27 interchange tonight
More Data about Stripe from Wikipedia
Stripe is a technology company. Its software allows individuals and businesses to receive payments over the Internet. Stripe provides the technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate on-line payment systems.
Irish entrepreneurs John and Patrick Collison founded Stripe in 2010. In June 2010, Stripe received seed funding from Y Combinator, a start-up accelerator. In May 2011, Stripe received a $2 million investment from venture capitalists Peter Thiel, Sequoia Capital, and Andreessen Horowitz. In February 2012, Stripe received an $18 million Series A investment led by Sequoia Capital at a $100 million valuation. Stripe launched publicly in September 2011 after an extensive private beta. Less than a year after its public launch, Stripe received a $20 million Series B investment. In March 2013, Stripe acquired chat and task-management application Kick-off.
In 2016, Stripe was valued at over $9 billion when it raised a $150 million round. In its next funding round in September 2018, Stripe received a $20 billion valuation while raising $245 million.
|Date||Funding Type||Number of Investors||Money Raised||Lead Investor||Valuation|
|Aug 2, 2010||Seed Round||1||—||Y Combinator||—|
|Mar 28, 2011||Seed Round||4||$2M||—||$100M|
|Feb 9, 2012||Series A||1||$18M||Sequoia Capital||—|
|Jul 9, 2012||Series B||9||$20M||General Catalyst||—|
|Jan 22, 2014||Series C||4||$80M||Founders Fund||$1.75B|
|Dec 2, 2014||Series C||7||$70M||Thrive Capital||$3.5B|
|Jul 31, 2015||Series C||7||$100M||—||—|
|Nov 25, 2016||Series D||3||$150M||CapitalG, General Catalyst||$9B|
|Sep 27, 2018||Series E||5||$245M||Tiger Global Management||$20B|
Product and service development
Stripe provides APIs that web developers can use to integrate payment processing into their websites and mobile applications. In April 2018, the company released anti-fraud tools that run alongside payment APIs to block fraudulent transactions.
The company expanded its services to include a billing product for online businesses. The new service operates within the Stripe platform, allowing businesses to manage subscription recurring revenue and invoicing.
On February 24, 2016 the company launched the Atlas platform that allows startups to incorporate more easily in the U.S. The platform originally launched as invite-only. In March 2016, Cuba was added to the list of countries covered under the program. Atlas was relaunched with improvements the following year. As of April 2017, Atlas had signed more than 200 international startups.
On April 30, 2018 the company announced an expansion to Atlas. The upgrades to Atlas included the ability to be used to set up Delaware-based limited liability companies.